Monday, April 9, 2007

Hope everyone had a happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Ours was not bad. I was watching a special on CNN the other night entitled "What Would Jesus Really Do" and it was really interesting. It seems that the right and the left have both been guilty of sying what Jesus would do but how does anyone know for sure?

I tend to agree with the left though-Jesus would want programs to help the poor, Jesus would not agree with being pro-life only until the child is born then not giving a damn if it was being taken care of or even wanted. Jesus did say "Judge not lest ye be judged" yet the right is consistently judging people whos lifestyle or culture is different from their own. I think the right is going to have alot more explaining to do than the left. The left has higher success rates in their marriages than do the right, the left by and large raise more well-adjusted compassionate children as a rule and dammit-we are just plain better looking! :) Had to throw that in for fun :)

Seriously though-have you ever looked at the men and women at these pro-life rallies? NO one will have sex with them-they do not ever have to worry about being in the position of trying to decide what the best answer is for an unwanted pregnancy. Are these pro-lifers also against birth control? I had one tell me that having your tubes tied (which I did) is just as bad as an abortion!! This is truly how the most radical amongst them think, I do not know if they all feel that way, but a portion of them do, I have met them. They even believe if your a victim of rape or incest you should still have the child and just give it up for adoption! Yeah that is an idea I can really get behind (not) carry your violent attackers child for nine months watch your body change daily from something you had no control over, possibly have to have a C-section so now there is also an outer scar of an internal one. These people who say these things have never dealt with being sexually abused themselves (refer back to last paragraph) so it is easy for them to judge. They claim to be christians yet they do nothing to help a brother or sister out? How christian is that?

As for me, the jury is still out-I see things daily that make me think there has to be a God, then I read and watch things nightly that make me think"there is no way there is a God". I think religio is different from sprituality and shuld be for the very reason that many like myelf do not go to church. I do not go to church because of the people-theres Joe who beat his wife and kids last night but is sitting here like a good christian on Sunday-theres Maggie-she has slept with everyone in town and yet here she sits on sunday looking like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth when we all know who was in her mouth last night. Yet they sit and act so holy holy holy on sunday. (the above mentioned names and scenarios are fiction created by me to explain a point).

Spirituality is more of a serene experience whereby you know if you are truly a good person. I do not think I am a bad person because I do not go to church, but if I see my neighbors kids hungry and I do not feed them, yes I am a bad person. I truly believe in the golden rule-treat others how you want to be treated. If we all did that what a kinder gentler world we could live in.

No comments: