Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Peace-The Elusive Dream

This is a poem I wrote on March 25th 2007. I was sitting on my lanai (florida term for back porch) and I was wondering why it is so hard to achieve peace. We will probaly never know the answer but I think it is important to keep asking the question.

Peace-The Elusive Dream
Why is it so hard to find peace at home?
Why is it so hard, wherever, you may roam?
Why can't we have it even in our schools?
Why are we who want it called fools?
Isn't there a course the entire world could take,
Simpy entitled "Peace for Goodness Sake"
Our leaders don't teach it nor do they try to learn,
They sit on their asses and watch other countries burn.
They speak of a civil war in Iraq,
They say we need to step up the attack.
What they fail to see is right here,
A civil war brewing in the USA I fear,
We've been ignored for far too long,
In the pst six years we have grown strong.
We're ready to answer our forefathers call,
of PEACE and JUSTICE for all!

The end.

The End

No comments: